Vaginal steam baths treatment is not something that is new, but has turned into an insanely popular health spa treatment, even though this treatment can likewise be quite easily done at home.
Vaginal steam baths should be performed 1 or 2 days after having your period. These treatments are not recommended to be done during pregnancy or if you think that you are pregnant. They can help cleanse the vagina, as well as treat any kind of imbalance in the cervix, uterus and vaginal area.
These baths can likewise aid oxygenate the blood, cleanse the membranes of uterine and vaginal tissue, eliminate toxins from the body, regulate the menstrual cycle, help with vaginal cysts or yeast infections, and an likewise aid with uterine fibroids.
Vaginal steam baths generally last 20 to 45 minutes, and the steam should not be too hot in order to avoid irritating or burning the vaginal tissue.
THE HERBS THAT CAN BE USED FOR DOING VAGINAL STEAM BATHS ARE:
- Rose petals
- Manzanilla and others
Prior to performing the bath, you should check all the herbs in order to avoid any type of reaction or allergy.
Here is how these vaginal steam baths can be done in the comfort of your home:
- Bring approximately four liters of filtered water to a boil and add the fresh or dried herbs that you have opted for. The amount should roughly be about one cup of dried herbs, and if you are using fresh herbs triple the amount.
- Keep boiling for a period of ten minutes and afterwards leave it to sit for five minutes.
- Next, transfer the herbal water into a bowl and sit on a grated chair by placing the bowl underneath it without wearing any underwear.
- Put a blanket or a towel around your waist to make like a tent over the bowl so that the steam doesn’t escape.
- Let the vapor penetrate into the vaginal area, as well as the surrounding areas for approximately 20 – 30 minutes.
- The vaginal tissue has a big capacity for absorbing, therefore it is going to obtain all the medicinal properties of the herbs.
- It is perfectly normal to feel some cramping or have a vaginal discharge following the steam bath, particularly when you are doing it for the first time.
- You should repeat this treatment once or twice every six months.